FOOD, WINE AND BIKE GUIDED
What is Food, wine and bike?
It is a tour in the Empordà, one of the oldest wine-producing regions in the world. This tour combines the local food, wine tasting and cycling, the perfect combination.
Why should you do this tour?
It’s an easy tour for regular cyclist that combines half of the tour on quite secondary roads, and half on nice and clean non paved roads. Stages are 40km average without big climbs.
- The tour includes two guided visits to cellars with a wine, land products tasting
- A local english – speaker guide who rides with you all the tour ans shows the hidden and more authentic spots of the area.
- The guide will recommend you where to have lunch and dinner
When can you start this guided tour?
The tour starts the first saturday of June
1st – 8th of June
MAS OLLER is located in Torrent. You would taste the wine in a rustic but modern cellar. In this cellar there are 5 different types of grapes: garnatxa (sweet wine), syrah, cabernet sauvingnon, picapoll and Malvasia de Sitges. There are 3 types of red wine and 2 of white wine.
L’ESPELT is located in Vilajuïga. L’Espelt is a familiar cellar which want to share their passion for the vineyards and to make the visitors feel like home. Some of the vineyards are in Cap de Creus and Natural Park of Albufera. There are different types of wine: red, rosé, white ans sweet
- Cycle through one of the most beautiful landscapes of Catalonia: l’Empordà.
- Enjoy 2 guided visits to a winery with a nice products picnic.
- Optional Michelin GASTRONOMIC PACK: 2 degustation dinner menu at a Star Michelin restaurants.
- Discover the land products of the region! visit some local museums of history of fishing, the cork manufacturing or anchovies, ancient factory of flour, marmalade shop, or an oil mill.
- Admire the surrealist genius Salvador Dalí born in Figueres.
Day by day
Arrival day: Girona
Day 1: Girona – Sant Feliu de Guixols (45 km)
Day 2: Sant Feliu de Guixols – Calella de Palafrugell (30 km)
Day 3: Calella de Palafrugell – Torroella de Montgrí (36 km)
Day 4: Torroella de Montgrí – Castelló d’Empúries
Day 5: Loop Castelló Empúries (37 km)
Day 6: Castelló d’Empúries – Figueres (43 km)
You can register to this tour by sending us a form with your data minimum 15 days before the start day.
Minimum number of people to make the tour: 6 people
If the minimum of people is not reached a month before of the starting day, the travel agency can cancel the tour.